2011年2月13日星期日

I've enjoyed doing it each of the past few years

The IGF Gavel: I'm spending part of my weekend finishing my first round judging duties for the Independent Games Festival.This is something I always want to write more about, but I think judging, for VGAs IGF awards and other awards I'm not running, is best kept private.Nevertheless, it can have a major influence on what I write based on the replica Breitling A4935011-G5-4 Men's watch exposure it grants me to more games (Being a VGA judge, for example, got me to see Assassin's Creed II a little earlier this fall than I would have otherwise).

As far as the IGF judging goes, I've enjoyed doing it each of the past few years, getting a chance to see some wonderful, small, mostly PC games early.I played Braid more than a year before it was released, and World of Goo about half a year before it was replica Breitling E7536210-B5 Men's watch out.I've played side scrollers that you control with a Guitar Hero guitar and eventual award winners such as Blueberry Garden.

I don't want to say much about the 17 first round games I'm judging this year yet, but just imagine having to judge a game called Don't Shit Your Pants on a scale of 1 100 in matters such as graphics, design, sound and so on.It's a fun exercise.Once I'm further into the process and I get the ok, I do hope to turn some of these IGF playing experiences into replica Breitling A7836315-C7-140A Men's watch posts. EA's PSN XBLA Future: I interviewed EA CEO John Riccitiello a couple of Wednesdays ago and published a bunch of articles from it.But not everything.