2011年2月13日星期日

published only one downloadable game for the Xbox

It's amazing how much you can fit in to a one hour chat.I still have big chunks of the interview that I didn't publish.Some of that isn't post worthy.Other stuff is good food for thought that I'll use as a basis for reporting in the future.Here's a bit I thought I'd get to but doesn't seem like I'll be able to advance any time soon.He had mentioned EA's replica Breitling Windrider Chronomat watch commercially and critically successful 2009 XBLA and PSN game Battlefield 1943 a couple of times in our chat, and I asked him what his take on that market was.

EA had, to the best of my memory, published only one downloadable game for the Xbox 360 and PS3 before that.He said: "We looked at [the XBLA PSN market] and saw there's a lot of stuff up there that generates about $500,000 in terms of revenue.And they're replica Breitling Steel Grey Dial Men's watch generally spending $495,000 to a million in dev.And while that equation is very cool, it's a hobby, it's not a business.

And while the gamers are having fun with it, they're not having that much fun with it.And to be honest, how many board games do you want to play on your Xbox? So we looked at that and said, 'This isn't being addressed in the right way. ' So we tripled our budget and made something we thought would be really good, with no understanding of what replica Breitling A2736215-C Men's watch was going to happen.We got a really great outcome with not just highly profitable business but one where consumers far and wide lauded it as a great game.